Thursday, June 4, 2009

I work in a coorporate environment where it's expected that you wear makeup. With that said, there are a lot of "rules" that come along with it...just basically that it's as "natural" as possible. I took this as a challenge to find eyeshadows that are neutral. Here are my favorites:
1)Mac Groundwork paint pot as my base. This is my "go to" eyeshadow base and it does keep the shadows on all day. Before I was using Urban Decay Primer Potion and after a while, it started feeling funny on my lids.
2)Loreal Hip Eyeshadow Duo in ?. This is a light beige with a deep green duo that's really pretty. I find myself wearing this when I don't want a whole lot going on on my lid. I will put a vid on youtube tomorrow so you can see it.
3)Nars eyeshadow in Lola Lola. I really like this eyeshadow. I have been using this most of the time for work. It's a great neutral shadow with a little shimmer. So it's not too much on the lid and it's definately work appropriate.
4) Cover Girl Queen Eyeshadow Quad. The name has worn off, but I'll take a pic of it. Anyway, I find myself using this quad when I don't use the Nars and it's just as beautiful as well as more affordable... ;)
Eventually, I may get Mac Satin Toupe or maybe not. I'm pretty satisfied with these options listed above. What are your favorite Neutral eye looks?
Here's my youtube tutorial on my "work" look. Enjoy!




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdjIhVr5gHg

No comments:

Post a Comment